New Graduate Certificate in College Teaching
The Department of Teaching & Learning is offering a new graduate certificate to start this Fall. It is designed to provide skills and knowledge for teaching at the college level. Read below for information from the fact sheet. The deadline for applications is July 15 for the Fall 2012 term.
If you are interested in applying for the certificate, visit My GradSpace and complete the online application.
The Graduate Certificate in College Teaching offers a 12-credit graduate level program teaching effective college instruction in terms of both principles and techniques. It is targeted, but not limited, to faculty (full-time and adjuncts) and graduate students who are, or intend to become professors, college instructors, academic advisors, internship supervisors, program trainers, and curriculum coordinators.
Through this certificate program, students will:
- Gain knowledge about various pedagogical approaches
- Experience and demonstrate effective teaching skills
- Connect institutional and department missions as well as disciplinary norms
- Foster ethical behaviors and professional standards
- Understand the complexities of the academic profession
- Identify emerging trends in college teaching excellence
- Participate in professional forums as a means to enhance the knowledge and practice ofeffective college teaching during the period of the program and beyond
If you would like to learn more about the new College Teaching graduate certificate you can read the fact sheet here, or contact us at email@example.com